This easy 10 minute recipe makes perfect handmade chocolates our friends go gaga over, every time! A big shout out to Abigail O’Neil for the recipe from her ahhhhmazing book ‘Model Chocolate’, with a few tweaks & suggestions of our own. If you want to get creative, use this as a base, then add your own flavour flourishes to make this delicious handmade chocolates recipe your own. See our yumo suggestions below. Either way they are so delicious they won’t last long!
Ingredients (makes approx. 15 chocolates)
- 35g Sacred Earth Medicine Ceremonial Cacao paste/liquor, finely grated
- 35g cacao butter, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Scant pinch of Himalayan salt (optional)
- Melt finely chopped cacao butter in a glass bowl or pyrex jug, over boiled water.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cacao liquor & coconut oil.
- Whisk in vanilla, maple syrup & optional salt.
- When velvety smooth, pour into chocolate mould or a lined dish and chill in fridge until hard.
Favourite Flavour Flourishes
Try adding any of the following to imbue your handmade chocolates with unique flavour. Simply add any of the below ingredients into the recipe as you go or sprinkle them into the moulds, either on top or bottom, before setting.
- Rose: 1-2 teaspoons of rose water + handful of rose petals.
- Orange & Nutmeg: 4 drops of food grade orange essential oil + 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Fig n Ginger: 1/2 cup chopped dried figs + 4 drops of food grade ginger essential oil &/or a few shreds of finely grated fresh ginger.
- Cranberry & Coconut: 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries + 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut.
- Peppermint: 4 drops of food grade peppermint essential oil + a few fresh peppermint leaves torn into small pieces.
- Classic Fruit n Nut Winner: 1/4 cup chopped dried sultanas & raisins + 1/4 cup of chopped nuts.
- Chilli Chai: 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper + pinch (to taste) of nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom & clove.
- Salty Lip Smacker: add a little extra Himalayan salt to taste; either into mix or sprinkle on top before setting.
- Super Hempacca: 1 tablespoon of Hemp seeds + 1 tablespoon of Macca powder.
- Frankerlicious: 4 drops of Frankincense essential oil + 1 table spoon of mesquite powder.
- Magical Mushroom: 1/4 teaspoon each of reishi, cordyceps, chaga & lion’s mane medicinal mushroom powders
Love making your own handmade chocolates? Tell us about your favourite flavour sensations…